Why See Ballet BC?
Ballet BC's 2017/18 Season
Back for another year of breathtaking artistry, Ballet BC is celebrating its 32nd Anniversary with a trio of groundbreaking programmes. Collaborating with world renowned choreographers including Johan Inger, Sharon Eyal, Gai Behar and Medhi Walerski, the company continues to weave their story of diversity and evolving practice through passionate and visionary dance and story-telling.
- The world premiere of New Work by resident choreographer Cayetano Soto, this one-act piece integrates dance, costume and lighting in an original new way.
- The North American premiere of Johan Inger's B.R.I.S.A, an exploration into the themes of awakening and change.
- Medhi Walerski's take on the Shakespearean classic Romeo and Juliet, set to Prokofiev's original score.
- The world premiere of Beginning After by resident choreographer Cayetano Soto, a compelling new work set to the music of Handel.
- The world premiere of New Work by Ballet BC’s Artistic Director Emily Molnar, in collaboration with renowned conductor Graeme Langager and the Phoenix Chamber Choir.
- The Canadian premiere of Bill, an exciting and emotive mix of dance, music and design by Israeli choreographer Sharon Eyal and her collaborator Gai Behar.
Opening night: 2 November 2017
About Vancouver Theatre: We are an independent show guide with no affiliation to any venue or show. Some of the tickets offered for sale are resale tickets that may be priced above or below face value.
Next available performances
Wed, Aug 16
Thu, Aug 17
Fri, Aug 18
Sat, Aug 19
Sun, Aug 20
Mon, Aug 21
Tue, Aug 22
Spread the word!
Keep up to date!
Straight to your inbox
Please note: All prices are listed in US Dollars (USD). The term Queen Elizabeth Theatre and/or Ballet BC as well as all associated graphics, logos, and/or other tradermarks, tradenames or copyrights are the property of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and/or Ballet BC and are used herein for factual descriptive purposes only. We are in no way associated with or authorized by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and/or Ballet BC and neither that entity nor any of its affiliates have licensed or endorsed us to sell tickets, goods and or services in conjunction with their events.